While they weren’t the first major brands to get in on the mobile app craze, quick serve restaurants (QSRs) have become major investors in brand apps. Users interested in convenience and savings are eager users of fast food apps that offer even more convenience and additional savings.
Despite this, it’s not easy to get new users to download a QSR app. One of the largest burgers-and-fries restaurants in the world came to Fiksu DSP for help launching their app and bringing in users who would not only install the app, but would register and ultimately redeem in-app offers in a restaurant.
The QSR concentrated on achieving efficiency and scale. Working closely with the client and their agency, Fiksu DSP developed a detailed app marketing plan that used a wide variety of channels to get the best possible results over the long term. It included:
- A surge of incent-based traffic at launch to push the app
up the charts
- A broad-based approach to ongoing promotion, using
RTB, AdColony, and multiple display networks
- A retargeting component to re-engage users who
installed the app, encouraging them to register and
ultimately redeem offers in-store
- An emphasis on using lookalike modeling to reach users
who shared key characteristics with heavy app users
- Detailed tracking, reporting, and analysis to keep the
campaign moving in the right direction
- Video, display, and native creative units, with iterative
testing to maximize creative impact